My goal is to start out our week on Monday with a clean house, which means I’m not doing too many projects this weekend.
So I thought I’d show an old one. This was “pre-blogging” so I don’t have a great before picture. The table in question is the one used as a bedside table in this picture. This was my guest room in our first house.
It was just a little table with chippy white paint (but not in a good way) that I got for $6 at the Goodwill. It is very lightweight (in a good way.)
So I slapped a new coat of paint on it and drew out the harlequins. I measured where my lines would intersect (I think my harlequins are 2 inches across and 4 inches tall, if I remember right) and then connected the dots!
I did NOT tape off the lines and I probably should have. Some of the harlequins are not great. :( I used regular old black craft paint, and sealed it by brushing on some polycrylic (which made the the black bleed a bit. Most of my projects turn out like this!)
Here it is in its new home. The was the kitchen in my first house. It was insanely small. I’ll show you some more pictures some other day.
We used it as a coffee/dogfood station. It worked great.
However, at one point there was a minor disaster with a scented oil plug in (I unplugged it because it was too strong, laid it on the table, it leaked all over and ate my pretty harlequins.) So for now it’s out in the shed, waiting for a new life again. :)
I’m linking to the blog parties on my sidebar!