Did you all hear about the blizzard last week?
Adam and I had a couple snow days.
He pretended to nap with his friends…
And we both stayed in jammies for two full days.
Hubby, on the other hand, had work to do. Did you see this facebook status floating around?
BREAKING NEWS: There will be no farms closed due to the Blizzard. Each and every farmer will be out in the blistery, cold, blowing wind and heavy snow fall tending to their livestock. They will be praying for machinery to work and non-frozen water pipes. If you know or love a farmer, say a prayer for him or her and post so that the prayer line may grow for our farmers to be safe.
Well, it was so true. No snow day for him.
In addition to his regular chores, he had to:
- Move snow…multiple times because it just kept blowing everywhere.
- Un-freeze feed. We have feed bins outside the buildings, and a tube carries feed inside. The feed in a couple tubes froze, and hubby had to fix them. I’m not really sure how he did this, but I know he was cold afterward!
- Walk through each building and tap on the inlets (windows that open to let fresh air in) so the ice would fall off, and they would open correctly.
- He was on the phone several times with the feed mill to make sure the gravel road and driveways were clear when the truck came. The wind was blowing so hard that everything kept drifting shut again.
Generators (clearly not taken during the blizzard)
- And finally, he cleaned snow out of the generators in case we lost power. Of course, the turkeys have generators, but the house doesn’t. Story of my life. :)
How was your snow day?