Dr. SPACEMAN from 30 Rock
Some random notes:
1. I’ve been corrected. It’s not Dr. Speciman, it’s Dr. Spaceman. I knew it was pronounced “Spe-CHEM-an” and I knew it was a “real” word. My fuzzy brain just screwed it up. I’m glad you corrected me!
2. My best friend called yesterday from 3 states away. She said she looked at my to-do list and thought packing the hospital bag should be the most important thing. So, we talked for an hour, and then I packed it. And made a list of phone numbers to call to watch Adam, and a list of things to grab at the last minute. Done!
3. I also cleaned my car Thursday. First time it had been vacuumed since I bought it in August of 09. I feel like I’m in a rental car when I drive it now, but I wanted to make sure it was clean, because I’m sure the baby cares.
4. I’m spoiled rotten. My family had a “sprinkle” for me today. It’s like a shower, for your 2nd kid. I got a gigantic visa gift card that I’m going to spend on a new diaper bag. I can’t wait.
5. I’m spoiled rotten. My Kindle came today. My birthday is April 2, and I thought a Kindle would be really nice while I’m nursing, so hubby ordered it for me.
6. My sister was supposed to take pictures at the shower today. These are the pictures she took:
7. This is her punishment for doing such a lousy job.
8. Adam was really shy at the start of the sprinkle, and snuggled on me like this for quite awhile. We’ve been spending a LOT of time snuggled up together lately.
9. He also likes to give Baby Brudder kisses.
10. 8 days till my due date. I predict that it’s at least 10 until the baby is born, though. And I’m okay with that right now.
11. I also crossed off “potty train Adam.” Not because he’s potty trained, but because we worked on it last weekend and it was a DISASTER! We’ll try again later.
And a couple questions:
What are your favorite diaper bag features?
Any cheap e-book recommendations?