(I started this post 2 1/2 months ago, and it’s been sitting in draft since then, but, with the holidays coming up, I thought I’d better get it posted!)
My baby Isaac is almost
7 8.5 months old, so I thought I’d do a round-up of some of my favorite things for everyone who might be expecting a baby or needing to buy a baby gift!
1. The Miracle Blanket. Love it. I used SwaddleMes with Adam, and they worked well, too, but the Miracle Blanket was even better. Totally worth it.
2. Bumbo. With a tray. We used this all the time for both boys. Isaac loved sitting in it to watch his brother play. See?
3. Long-sleeved, white onesies. I love layering these under short-sleeved onesies. We get much more wear out of baby clothes this way, especially hand-me-downs, because they make short-sleevers work for any season! Walmart has some inexpensive ones – here’s one in action, underneath a short-sleeved jumper, modeled by Isaac and Great Grandma Ede.
4. “Shower Cap” style carseat covers. My talented mother-in-law made this one. It fits over the top of the infant carrier, and has kept both boys toasty warm when it’s cold out. The “shower cap” style is important…you are not supposed to use a cover that goes between the baby and the seat, or really put bulky coats on the kiddos in the carseat, either, so this is a great solution as long as you can still carry the baby in the seat! (This is modeled by Adam – we used it for both boys and it has held up great!)
5. The First Years Breast-flow BPA Free Bottles…mimics the real thing, inexpensive, and easy to clean! Bingo, bango, bongo!
What are your favorite things for 0-6 months? Anything I missed out on?